Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wedgits

A restraint on my using Wedgits has been sensory overload from the bright colors of the standard sets, which are more inclined to trigger sensory overload the more I might benefit from building with them.

I thought the more subdued colors of the Wedgits on Wheels set might help, and indeed they do! (The photograph is especially lit for sparkle and color brightening - in subdued lighting, they are much more mellow.)

With the "quieter" colors, I may also be less vulnerable to the audio noise of the rather clattery pieces, though I will keep my noise-cancelling headphones to hand and wear them for the more precarious designs. More than once I have been driven from the room for a period of pacing and fidgeting after a structure has noisily collapsed! :)

Wedgits has card sets of sample designs, important to me for therapeutic building. The card backs of some of the sets have the same designs as the front, but in black and white, which also helps.

The primary downside of the Wedgits on Wheels pieces is that the molds really weren't designed for transparent plastic, and seeing the viscera of internal bracing and stubs, as well as sloppy glue joints, doesn't particularly enhance the esthetic experience.

Wedgits on Wheels are also rather expensive, unless one is lucky enough to chance on a set cheaply, as I did. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Herman said...

I like the colors. I'm glad you got them out.

Eliza said...

Ooh, I really like these colors & the way the light shines thru them. :)