Saturday, March 25, 2006

A scent of sand, chalk and linseed oil


An especial delight in returning to Ankerstein after a period of neglect is rediscovering the pleasure of the distinctive scent of the stones constituants - dominated by the linseed oil, enhanced by the chalk, and do I really detect the quartz sand, or is that just the power of suggestion? Sunlight seems to nudge me to bring out the Anchor blocks, perhaps because its warmth brings out the aroma.

The plan is one of those that accompanies set #6, but it can also be downloaded -- look for GK-NF, 06, "6 972," page 02.

Webster is generously providing background scenery of rolling hills. He obviously can find peace without the therapeutic benefits of block play.

5 comments:

Herman said...

webby is a grand backdrop

Alan said...

yes

i am reminded of the town between rochester and centralia

Eliza said...

I was just thinking this morning about smells. I remember being a kid & returning home from a trip--I would walk into the living room & breath in deep through my nose, smelling home. :)

Alan said...

Well, it's not quite as bad now with no teenagers living here ...

Eliza said...

Haha