Thursday, December 01, 2005
There used to be Ankerstein sets with metal bridge parts, and I hope someday the new company restores bridge elements to the product line.
I've given some thought on and off to adding bridge spans to my Unit Block emulations of Anker structures from the time of my first such efforts.
One of my ideas was using Brio Builder (like oversized erector sets of wood) to make a bridge. Unfortunately, I have real head problems about rummaging about in the attic. But I managed to overcome that for the Legos, and after a few days, went back for the Brio.
Between what was in the attic, and some more I got with money from some train stuff I had on consignment, I think I managed to make a passable looking bridge, even it if may be a bit big for the blocks.
I hope to follow up eventually with more substantial abutments, with more involved block building, but in the meantime, I am happy to know there is at least one bridge solution for these blocks.
And working with the Brio is very nice as well.