Thursday, April 09, 2009

Heinzelmännchen


I've built this structure before, but with the smaller Kleine Gernegroße set.

Today I just wanted to build something, anything, that would break the long drought in my Ankerstein block play.

So I grabbed my Heinzelmännchen set, glanced through the designs under the lid -- both factory supplied and internet downloads, and chose this one, which is William Seppler's h12. He and his web site are the honorees on this month's edition of the ankerstein.org web page.

I also wanted to demonstrate my method for coping with a cluttered background, since the topic came up in Don's Hobby Keep the other day. I think the second image adequately demonstrates the use of a 12"x18" piece of construction paper. See the comments for that post for more words.

Good block play.

1 comment:

Model Builder said...

Very Good;

Your comments have been seen and noted. Nice idea on the Heinzelmännchen set.