Thursday, August 16, 2012

Anker Steinbaukasten 4A

Ankerstein only provides plans for the numbered series of sets: 4, 6, 8, 10, etc. The "A" series (4A, 6A, 8A, 10A) are only intended to take a regular set & expand it to the next larger set by providing the necessary additional stones (plus a few extra to fill out the box) and the next larger booklet.

I've always regretted that, since it means that when I just want to take out a box & play for a bit, I don't have any designs my 4A or 6A. so they don't tend to get mush use.

Today, I decided I'd just see what I built without a design, using the 4A box. This is what turned up, using only part of the stones.

Kinda cute, but I'd have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as building from a design.

That may just be me.

And nonetheless, it was good block play.

No comments: